This is an article on how to create a strong home base. In making any building, of course we will need a strong foundation. When we build a house, the foundation has a very important role as the burden of the entire house and the main support of the building structure. Without a solid foundation, of course the building will become less powerful and less feasible to use.
Unfortunately, lately we can easily find homes that are made with a foundation that is not in accordance with the standards or perfunctory. Many people think if provide a house using the services of builders, they can build a house without the need for advice from experts like architects or structural experts. In fact, building a house requires adequate knowledge for the house can be sturdy and secure.
Types of Foundation for Residential Homes
Actually, what kind of house foundation is strong enough to be used as a place to live? In civil science, we will recognize two types of foundations that are common / most widely used for 2-storey residence, i.e. stone foundation and footplat foundation.
Stone foundations are often used in buildings that only use one floor only. Typically, the depth of the foundation is only about 60 to 80 cm only. The function of this foundation is to support the installation of brick and building structural loads on it that is not too heavy considering only a one-story building.
Foundation footplat more often used in building a house with two floors. Unlike the stone foundation times. This foundation is made of reinforced concrete structure with a depth of about 130 cm to 2 meters. However, we will more often find this foundation with a depth of 150 cm. The foundation is able to withstand the weight of the building structure above which is quite heavy, which is a two-story building.
How to create a Strong Household
To create a strong home base, we certainly have to do the right planning. How not, without adequate foundation, the foundation will not be able to withstand the burden of building on it and can make the building down. In addition, the building will also be at high risk of cracking the structure that would harm the occupants. To avoid this, we must pay attention to how to create a strong home base as follows.
- Note the depth of the foundation because without sufficient depth. Then the strength of the foundation will also be less good in supporting the building load.
- If we choose stone foundation times, then we can use a ratio of 1: 5 for sand cement mortar to maintain the strength of the foundation.
- We also have to prepare the cuttings on the stone foundation so that can be associated with sloof.
- If we choose footplat foundation, then it’s good we wear reinforcement with minimum size 12 mm. In addition, note also the quality of concrete where it’s good we use the quality range K225. Meanwhile, where the cement sand and gravel ratio is the range 1: 1.5: 2.5.
- Make sure also that the foundation reinforcement really integrates with the structure column up to the top of the building. So that the foundation strength can be guaranteed.
Foundation and Soil Condition
In addition to doing the things above, we also have to pay attention to some other things, namely the condition of the land that we will use to build the building. Check the condition of the soil, then we can choose foundation that is suitable with the house building. Which is we will establish.
- If the land used is hard enough and we want to build a one-story house, then the stone foundation is considered strong enough to be used.
- Do you want to build a two-story house? then we can use a combination of stone foundation and footplat.
- If the ground is still in a soft condition or in a slope position, inevitably we should consult with a structural expert or architect to ensure what foundation we can use given this condition is quite dangerous if only by using knowledge builders. Especially if we want to build a house with two or three floors.
With the existence of a strong foundation, we can ensure the building of the house sturdy. And it can be used in a long time. In addition, we must also consider the safety factor. Because if we use the foundation at random, it could be the building will be quickly damaged. And it could endanger the inhabitants.…